Flint house is entered via a traditional wooden front door into a lovely open hallway with doors leading off to the main reception rooms and a downstairs WC and shower room. Original flagstones are laid through the hallway and into the main reception rooms. The drawing room benefits from a beautiful ham stone and brick inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove and exposed ceiling beams. The sitting room at the rear of the house overlooks the gardens and a useful office is tucked away in a quiet position at the rear. The dining room leads through to the kitchen, which has been completely remodelled to a very high standard with quartz work surfaces and wooden units. A utility room adjoins the kitchen and also allows access to the rear garden.
Stairs rise from the central hallway to the first floor. The four bedrooms are arranged in a linear fashion with a long landing between. The Master bedroom is a stunning, bright room with lovely outlooks to the surrounding hills and a very attractive en-suite shower room with roof lights to allow natural light to flood in. A family bathroom with freestanding bath has been tastefully decorated and styled. The second bedroom has an ensuite shower room making it an ideal guest room and there are two further bedrooms on this floor.
An attractive front garden with low wooden fencing encloses the pathway to the front door. Planted with masses of bulbs to allow an impressive colourful display in the Springtime. The rear garden enjoys views directly onto a meadow which offers much privacy. Walled on two sides, with a range of mature shrubs and trees and a useful stone built store for firewood. There is an area to one side which has been used for growing veg.
• The property is Grade II Listed and in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is freehold.
• There is a driveway to the side of the house with tandem parking for two cars.
• The present owners rent a garage from a neighbouring land owner next to the house.
• The thatch was re-ridged in 2019.
• The house is heated with modern high-spec electric radiators and a wood burning stove.
• There is no gas in the village.
• The electric Aga was installed in 2019 and is included within the sale.
• Much care and attention has been given by the present owners to fulfil necessary planning and listed building consents during their refurbishment works.
• Nearest mainline train station is Dorchester with a service to London Waterloo